Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a nationally-recognized healthcare provider based in Thousand Oaks, CA, and we have maintained our reputation for superior patient care through advanced medical treatments and surgical techniques. Few things are more important than your and your family’s health, so browse through these informative links to learn more about our recent posts:
- Are you planning for pregnancy? If so, take a look at this list from Lamaze.org for tips on staying healthy during pregnancy.
- Creating a birth plan will allow you to state your delivery preferences and resolve any lingering issues before the due date. This page from the American Pregnancy Association website provides some tips to help you get started.
- This father’s guide to pregnancy from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists can help answer common questions about pregnancy.
- An estimated 17 million Americans suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition which causes chronic heartburn. This page from the NIDDK provides information about the causes and symptoms of GERD.
- There are many potential long-term side effects of treating severe cases of GERD with medication. Read through this statement from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons to determine if surgery for GERD may be right for you, and be sure to visit the Los Robles website to learn more about the new non-invasive TIF procedure.
- Arthritis is a painful condition that can restrict mobility, especially if it occurs in the knees. Learn more about identifying and treating arthritis of the knee with this guide from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Review this page from the CDC to learn more about the prevalence of arthritis and other interesting facts and figures.
- A coronary artery bypass grafting procedure is a common type of cardiac surgery used to resolve blockages. The NHLBI has provided this overview of what to expect before, during, and after cardiac surgery.
- The da Vinci® Surgical System is one of the latest advances in minimally-invasive surgery. Learn more about the cutting-edge robot-assisted cardiac surgical procedures available at Los Robles Hospital from the da Vinci® website
- This article from the Colombia University Department of Surgery provides more in-depth information about minimally-invasive and robotic cardiac surgery.
The Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and we have focused on providing effective acute medical treatments through targeted investments in the latest medical technology. Call our 24-hour Consult-A-Nurse Healthcare Referral line at (877) 888-5746 to schedule an appointment.