In the past, hospitals were the place to go when you needed surgery. But in the last 20 years, surgery centers have become a much more common option.
With improvements in surgery techniques and anesthesia, many procedures are now simpler and faster, with a shorter recovery. That’s why nowadays, millions of Americans come to free-standing surgery centers every year for their procedures.
When you choose a surgery center for your procedure, you’ll find that the many benefits can include:
- Less time away from family and work. Because you head home after the procedure without spending a night in the hospital, a surgery center may allow you to get back to your family and even your job more quickly.
- Sleeping in your own bed. One great advantage of using a surgery center is that it gives you the chance to sleep in your own comfortable, familiar bedroom rather than spending one or more nights in a hospital.
- Lower costs. Because they don’t require a hospital operating room and an overnight stay, surgery center procedures often cost much less – for you and your insurer – than surgery in a hospital.
- Easy scheduling. Many people find that scheduling a procedure at a surgery center is a simple and fast process. Odds are good that you won’t have to wait long to have your procedure. Because surgery centers are less likely to need to fit in other patients on an emergency basis, operations tend to begin on time as scheduled.
- A comfortable environment. Patients and their families may find that the surgery center is more warm, friendly, and relaxed than hospitals they’ve visited in the past. Plus, odds are good that your loved ones will be able to rejoin you shortly after your procedure, while you recover.
Los Robles SurgiCenter provides personalized, convenient outpatient surgeries. Our surgical suites and recovery rooms offer the same technology that you’d find in a hospital, and our medical and nursing staff is trained to provide outstanding care in an outpatient setting. To learn more, contact Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center toll-free at (877) 888-5746.